Monday, December 2, 2019

Filming Blog

    The second filming blog on the music video is set to be due today, Monday, December 2,2019. As stated by the title the blog is supposed to consist of what I as an individual did in the filming process for my group's and I music video. The music video project is coming to an end because the due date is near. My group and I originally planned out ahead of time how we were going to approach this project so we could be done with extra time to spare. However, that isn't the case and we now find ourselves trying to accomplish as much as we can with the little time left. The first filming blog didn't actually consist of anything we filmed because we didn't begin filming at the time. As Aice students we haven't been as productive as we wish to be. I've been out of school for quite some days in the past weeks so its caused me to miss lessons or something that might have been important. However, I am now feeling better than before and ready to finish our second project in Aicemedia. I already anticipate starting the project after this because I enjoy the job of someone in the media field.
     As stated before, my group and I was supposed to film. We scheduled to film on  November 23,2019, but we weren't able to so we rescheduled. The new date was December 1,2019 at around 4:00 P.M. So, I left church around 3:00 P.M. and headed to my grandma's house for a family dinner we had planned. The dinner didn't last long because some people had to leave including myself. I had to go home to prepare for the music video. I had to get into character and wanted to achieve a similar look compared to the actual artist I was playing as which is Chilli from T.L.C. In the "What About Your Friends" music video, Chilli wore her long black hair with a headscarf on top to decorate the look. In addition to that, she had clothes bigger than her actual size because that's how the Hip-Hop culture was during her time. I borrowed clothes from uncle and a head scarf I already had at home.
      After getting dressed my group and I set out to meet at the designated location to film. We found a spot that has both a playground and a mini skatepark in one. Charli and I arrived around the same time because we both lived in the same area. Charli also had the props that we needed in the video so it was necessary she reach on time. The last member, Amina, had ride issues and found it difficult to get to the location. On her journey to the park, Amina’s mom had to turn back home for some reason and left the group no choice but to cancel filming for the day. It was for the better because it had gotten dark and the lightning would be very dark to film. The group and I then decided to film during the week on Wednesday, December 4th. The project is due on the 9th of December so time isn’t something we have to waste. The music video is going to be a success because my group will put in all the necessary effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment