Monday, November 25, 2019

Filming Blog

     As stated by the title, this is the first filming blog for the new project, the music video. This blog should entail what an individual and their group filmed and the details that come with it. On the other hand, it wasn't necessarily required to film so if filming didn't occur the blog should be about that and why. In my last few blogs, I mentioned how my group and I planned on getting a headstart and shooting our T.L.C. inspired "What About Your Friends" music video. The video would be shot at various locations such as a local skatepark, the Popeyes' restaurant, and a junkyard. We planned to film the new project for the weekend because most of the availability we had on our personal schedules. The Aicemedia group and I would meet on Saturday, November 23,2019, and begin the filming process. Doing so from so early would give ample time to dump and begin editing the footage. Soon or later it would be ready to be reviewed and turned in to the class email for a final grade. The only thing that would be left to do is wait for a grade and the next project.
       Although all of this was planned and expected to take place, this wasn't achieved. My group and I did not get to accomplish any of this, unfortunately. Life happens and everything doesn't go as planned no matter how much effort you put into planning it. I have been ill for weeks due to the flu. It's caused me to miss school, extracurricular activities, and my job due to breathing complications, tightening of the chest when I cough, nauseousness, and even headaches. The typical person would probably see a doctor from having the flu for more than two days, but when growing up in a Caribbean household, it's believed that almost anything can be fixed with a home remedy. Caribbean parents find it easier to make their own medicines rather than bring their children to the doctor. This is said because sometimes the doctors recommended overly price medicines that aren't affordable. However, in my case, it's probably wiser that I see someone professional to analyze the severity of whatever flu I ave caught. It is safe to say, however, I'd wouldn't like to know I am the reason someone at school or work is sick and in need of hospitalization.
      Despite all of this I still try to stay on top of all my schoolwork and work outside of school. I wasn't present in class on November 22,2019, but I was still aware of any assignment the class had. I was also the individual to ask my group for the address of the location of where we would meet to begin our filming. In addition to that, I inquired about what time we would film. I was just eager to get filming out of the way so that editing could begin. However, all of my group didn't respond (hopefully because of serious matters). One member did and said she wasn't sure if she would be able to go tomorrow because her mom was being complicated with the whole thing. This is relatable because parents can be overprotective sometimes. With human trafficking and death at an all-time high in society, our parents are trying to be alert for us. So many young black girls (people in general) are going missing daily and it's somewhat horrifying. This only means my group has to reschedule on a day everyone would be available and present.

No comments:

Post a Comment