Wednesday, April 8, 2020

CCR Blog

    As the school year comes to a closing, that means a final Creative Critical Reflection is expected. The CCR provided below is based off of the final project which was the movie opening. My group and I did struggle with our opening not because it was extremely difficult, but because we often experienced unexpected happenings. A group member had to leave the school and wasn't able to be apart of the movie. This made us have to change up the whole film to something that would accompany the members left in the group while still impressing Cambridge with this final product. My group and I take our work seriously and got the work done to the fullest we could and produced a film that showed the best of our skills. The movie opening focuses on two young girls hanging out on sunny day by the poolside. Things take a turn when they hear a noise inside and curiosity gets the best of them both. They both end up in terrible positions and soon find out the mystery killer in the house was someone they knew! This storyline was created by me because I enjoy thriller/horror films.
    The CCR video below is basically a film of me being interviewed by my cousin in regards to how my experience went this year and the final reflection on this task. This video experience allowed me to feel comfortable while answering questions and looking back at the journey in AICE Media Studies. The CCR questions provided allowed me to analyze and assess what type of video my group and I created and how it contributes to the media world and society as a whole. In addition to that, I was able to assess how the film could be put across platforms and see the different technologies that are incorporated into many films. While I won't be in AICE Media anymore after the end of this school year, I can still use all the methods and guides that were provided to me during the school year. The reflection doesn't only apply to films for AICE Media but also my personal films, films that I watch, and just life in general. The video was critical as I hit points of how the movie opening challenges conventions from movies in the same genre as my group's and I. I tried to be creative by adding inserts of certain clips and fun editing of transitions. The dialogue in the talk show represents the reflection part. Despite the pandemic, completing the final task and reflection wasn't impossible and made the quarantine experience somewhat more manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment