Monday, April 6, 2020

Music Video Blog and Growth

   The music video project was one of the most assignments I've had to complete all year. It was something different that would also showcase individual different talents whether it be singing, dancing, or acting. This project required more thought process than the commercial project. To begin it, my group chose the song "What About Your Friends" by T.L.C., a well known pop girl group during their time. The song matched my group and I because we only consisted of 3 girls. Together, we planned and planned until it was time to execute. We planned The video would be shot at various locations such as a local skatepark, the Popeyes' restaurant, and a junkyard. We planned to film the new project for the weekend because most of the availability we had on our personal schedules. We wanted to start early because it would give us ample time to dump and begin editing the footage. Soon or later it would be ready to be reviewed  for a final grade.
    During the music video process, I recognized my growth. I was able to take on more than one responsibility such as recording and directing how things should play out to make the video a success. In addition, I was also acting which meant I had to memorize my parts. Before this, I would have found it very difficult to juggle all of this in a certain amount of time. My group and I grew closer as we were somewhat forced to because of the closeness among the girls in the music group we were impersonating. This music video showed me that I was able to do more than I limited myself to doing and I could do a really good job at it. I also discovered that I had a newfound passion for filming and directing films and videos. There is definitely improvement from the last project. Hopefully Cambridge too, sees the growth between videos. Below is the final product of the music video my team and i coordinated.





No comments:

Post a Comment