Friday, January 17, 2020

Start of the Final Task

    It's currently Friday, the 17th of January 2020. I'm Amelia, an Aice student at the one and only Fort Lauderdale High School located in the heart of Fort Lauderdale. I'm in my Junior year and a soon-to-be graduate if it wasn't very obvious. I was born and partly raised in New York. I then moved to the Sunshine state where I continued spending most of my education in private schools. I took school very seriously as I was valedictorian in fifth and eighth grade. I also participated in various competitions academic wise and was always placed. So what I thought would be a good decision I decided to begin my high school journey by attending Westminster Academy. However, after finishing ninth grade and seeing that it wasn't the best fit for me, I switched to Fort Lauderdale High where everything started to make more sense. I decided to take rigorous courses by being a part of the Cambridge Program and also the Magnet Program. This led to me taking Aicemedia this school year. From August until now I can say that I have definitely improved in both my writing skills understanding of the media field and how to incorporate new things that I've learned into this class and the projects we get. Before this class and the guidance of my Aice teacher, I was blinded to the purpose of media in society and the influence it has on the mass. By being able to be a factor in this influence, I see how I can impact the people around me in the projections I create. With the help of my group members, Charlie and Amina, we can break conventions and be different from the new knowledge we attain from this class.
      What I learned from this class is basically everything I know now. Prior to this class, my idea of a great video was just having a great camera and good editing. Now, I'm somewhat educated on what makes a film significant. Camera shots and angles play a role in this. Different shots whether it's an E.S. that sets the scene of a video or an E.C.U. that is getting someone's facial feature brings ideas and makes people pay attention or think. A high angle might bring the thought that the subject is inferior to something else or a dutch angle might make the audience feel confused which is what the director wants to portray. In other words, I learned that creators can use different camera skills to display whatever they want the audience to feel or believe. The talent I plan on bringing to this final project is my developed ability to direct a film and write the film in a way that allows the audience to get the message trying to be brought across or just the storyline in general. I also plan on using my creativity to help edit this final film in a way that isn't seen in many known films in society. If I discover more hidden talents as this project continues I will incorporate those if necessary because they can help the outcome of this final task.
       To begin discussing what this blog is really focused on, the word pitch must be defined. A pitch is a well thought out idea for a film that is verbally represented and is created in hopes of gaining attention from influential people in the media industry. This varies from actors, other directors, financers, or the audience themselves. My group each made it our job to come up with a pitch to make up for the fact that we needed 3 pitches to choose from. Amina quickly came up with the idea of doing a documentary on killer friendships or relationships because they usually make the viewers want to know what took place next. Her pitch was basically a documentary on a killer duo who finds pleasure in murdering and how they finally get caught. Charli and I, unfortunately, were experiencing a difficult time thinking of original ideas (a.k.a. brain fart) and ones that everyone else in the class was probably going to piggyback. If I'm not mistaken, Charli came up with the idea of doing a drama film but didn't necessarily make her pitch known. I came up with the idea to formulate a pitch based on an innocent sleepover among a group of girls who then wake up in the lab of a mad scientist (or scientists) who want to do something that will cause an evil change in mankind leaving it to the girls to stop things from progressing too far. During the thinking process, my group and I were instructed to take pictures of our work progress. Below are the inserts:


Charli and I conversating over pitch ideas we brainstormed on the school's laptop.


Here, I'm creating an original idea of a creative pitch.



No comments:

Post a Comment