Monday, February 24, 2020

Filming Blog: A Rainy Dat at the Pool

My AICE Media group and I finally filmed for our movie opening. However, before we could get to this, the unexpected happened. On Saturday, my group and I convened in our group chat and reminded one another that we had filming at 12:00 o'clock. Our former AICE Media classmate, who promised to assist us with acting, brought bad news to us when she told us she wouldn't be able to make it. I thought quickly and asked my cousin if she could replace our ex classmate in the film. My cousin couldn't make it because of how last minute it was. Because of this turn of events, my two film buddies and I decided to cut and recreate scenes to accommodate the three of us. When we all arrived at Charli's pool, we began to  set up the camera and realized that camera was completely dead. Charli brought up the idea to use her phone, but the tripod didn't have a phone holder. To top this off, it began to rain causing us to wait a good amount of time for it to calm down. When the rain did get lighter, we began filming at the poolside. Charli took the role of what our former classmate was supposed to play and I played my part and a little bit of what Charli's original character was supposed to play. In our film, we also had another actor who was supposed to be Charli's dad and her father in the actual film. However, we came to the decision that her father wasn't exactly fit for the role and sought out a new a male actor. Charli asked her brother, but he wasn't able to play the part because of his own afternoon activities. Josh, our filmer, was the only male left and had to do it. We made it work and did the best we could with so much change in such little time. Saturday showed me a lot of things. My group and I should always have a sturdy backup plan incase people helping us ever have to cancel last minute. We value our grades and the videos we have to submit so we didn't give up and not film. We got through all that chaos so that proves that we can get through anything thrown at us!

No comments:

Post a Comment