Thursday, March 5, 2020

Editing Blog: Making Changes

  Although this blog is titled as an editing blog, my group and I didn’t edit because we had another assignment in class. During class, while my group and I reviewed someone else's video ours was also being reviewed. The group took our jump drive and began evaluating us. On the peer review sheet, it showed that we met the majority, if not all, of the requirements for a successful movie opening. This is a great start because it showed that we follow instructions and truly want to produce an excellent film. The group also graded us based on what our opening consisted of and if they liked it as a whole or didn't. The group figured out our storyline which they interpreted as a group of friends hanging out who got kidnapped. Next, they wrote that our film had good lighting, but also remained the same. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing as they didn't expand on it. The peer-review group also mention that we need a change in sound. They believe that throughout the opening, the characters spoke very low or the background sound, such as wind, interfered.
    One thing the individuals (who peer-reviewed my group's and I film) liked was that our storyline was easy to follow. They were glad to see it wasn't complicated to understand and not overly common like films already out.  Our goal was having something viewers seeing it would be able to comprehend without having to go home and do research. The AICE Media group, however, suggests that one thing they would correct is the flowing and consistency of the scenes. In some parts of the opening, they found themselves lost because some scenes didn't match up with each other. While the storyline itself is easy to follow, the execution wasn't according to them. They also felt the plot of the film was too simple and lacked a variety of angles. One group member believed more variation of angles would make it better as a whole. Now, I agree and disagree with a few things. I agree that the film needs to be louder so viewers don't have to strain to hear. I disagree that the scenes don't follow each other. We created our video the opening in a way that matches up with what we want to portray. My group and I have to decide if we want to refilm and what exactly we would refilm and reedit. I would change the sounding of the film because the characters did speak low a few times. Besides that, I don't believe our group needs as much change as we originally thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment