Monday, October 28, 2019

Editing the Commercial

    Today, October 28,2019, the objective was to edit the clips from the commercial and see (possibly) the beginning for my group and I skills in the media industry. This is said because this commercial would show us what creative qualities each of us possess. Finishing the commercial would calm my anticipation about seeing the finished product of this commercial. So with all of this in mind, when I got to class, I logged into the profile of my classmate that our takes are saved under. When trying to access Pinnacle Studio and from what Ms. Katz said to the class, I discovered there was a issue with the software. This means that this was going to prevent me from editing the commercial. This isn't a major setback because all other assignments were completed in a timely manner. The only thing that can be done is to make the best of whatever is given to be done. Technology has its mishap because nothing is perfect. Instead of looking at everything as a big bummer, our Aicemedia improvised and gave us a different assignment to complete to make up for the editing blog for today.
    To replace the goal of editing the clips today, the clips were to be removed from the computer and dumped onto a flash drive or a google drive. One of the members in my group, Josh, volunteered to put it into his google drive. However, I had my flash drive on hand if we needed to put it on there instead. Before he could do all of this we had to go on the profile the videos we shot were under. I logged into the profile they were under which is Amina's (who plays the innocent cheerleader in the commercial). I found that I couldn't find the folder the clips were in. The solution to this was login on the computer they were initiatively dumped on.
      Josh, who was already at the correct computer, logged in with Amina's info and located the folder that contained the footage. I didn't have much of a task in this process because the footage wasn't being dumped into my google drive or on my flash drive. I watched as Josh signed into his google drive to proceed with the next steps. He then dragged the necessary clips into his google drive. This was quite simple because they were all in one folder labeled "Media Folder." If the folder wasn't created then the task of moving footage to the google drive would have taken much more time to do so. He ensured he dragged everything to the correct location and I did too as I quietly observed what was being done. Since that was all that could be done in relation to the commercial, I decided to start writing this blog on what took place today. Hopefully on October 30th, Pinnacle Studio will be functioning effectively and editing the commercial can begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment